What are Perks?
Perks are benefits or privileges that coworking spaces offer their members to add value to their community and create a better working experience. For example, a restaurant next to the coworking space provides coworking members discounts. The most important thing is that the Perks are not a commercial expense for coworking spaces but rather the opposite; it is a partnership.
Perks are a little-known but hugely important part of the coworking business. A coworking space is more than just a workspace; it hosts a community and is a place where personal and professional relationships happen. Therefore, managers should give their members the right tools to attract and retain them.
In this article, we will explain the different types of Perks and why some coworkings are already working on them. We will also discuss how to choose the right Perks for your space and apply them successfully.
What types of Perks do successful coworkings offer?
Perks can take many different forms. We’ll break down some of them so you can apply them to your own:
Discounts at physical businesses
- Discounts at gyms.
- On-site yoga classes
- Discounts on food with businesses in the area (restaurants, venues and especially for taking away).
- Discounts for wellness.
Discounts on digital platforms
- CRM’s to help coworkers with customer relations and management, such as Hubspot.
- Tools to make video calls, such as Zoom.
- Cloud computing and collaborative tools; for example Google Workspace.
- Project Management tools such as Notion.
- Communication platform for teams and businesses such as Slack.
- Discounts on platforms such as Amazon.
- Online graphic design tools such as EDIT.org help freelancers, entrepreneurs and startups to create professional designs. Thanks to thousands of pre-designed templates on their platform, just in a few clicks.
Related professional services
- Expert advice on digital marketing topics.
- Online marketing agencies
- Business tax management.
Benefits of Perks in your Coworking space
Coworking spaces have become increasingly popular in recent years as more and more people seek out the collaboration and productivity as more and more people seek the collaboration and productivity benefits of working in a shared environment. of working in a shared environment. If you are thinking of opening a coworking space, or if you already run one, here are five reasons why you should offer excellent benefits and services reasons why you should offer great benefits and services:
- Attracts new members.
- They are strategic alliances for the coworking and the company offering the unique service.
- Benefit for your (coworking) users.
- Good reputation for the coworking, as it is important to attract and generate agreements with other companies and that their users have advantages.
- Increased retention rate. By creating a community, creating synergies and providing coworkers with Perks to coworkers generate a feeling of belonging to the space where you spend many hours throughout the week.
Take action in your coworking space
There are countless reasons why a coworking centre should create a list of benefits in the form of Perks, and in this article, we have outlined some of them. Coworking is not just an open workspace; it’s a way to network, collaborate and inspire. Consider your coworkers’ needs and offer them benefits with them in mind.
For more information contact us.
Featured picture: Factory Berlin.