Why events are important in a coworking space
Events are part of the content of your coworking space. They are a potential tool for your business: they help you to reach out to potential coworkers and enhance your company branding. They are also used to develop and stimulate your community and are an important source of revenues for your business.
There are several events and professional meetups going on, especially in big cities; and most of them are hosted by coworking spaces. If you want to make your coworking space stand out, take a look at our selection of cool events that work well in coworking spaces:
Events that work well for the community
Social and networking events
Events that make people interact and know better each other. They help you to grow the community.
- Yoga, pilates or stretching
- Community lunch or breakfast: Cocooking, Coworking Coffee, Tupperware Tuesday, Betabreakfast
- Speed meetings: Rufianes con talento
- After–work events: Betabeer, Acoustic Afterwork
- Night games
- Pitch projects session: How to pitch perfectly – Betacowork, I hate mustard
- Members contest: Betahaus Awards 2016
- Openings or B-Days: Transforma Bcn presentation, Mutinerie a 5 ans
- Hackathons made by the community: From to
Knowledge sharing events
Events and meetups to increase revenue, attract new members, foster knowledge and networking.
- Workshops on digital technology: WordPress, Big Data, SEO, UX design, Facebook for developers
- Leadership and team building workshops: Coworkshops
- Technology events: Hack With Refugees, Hackathon Open Data, Monster Game Jam
- Conferences and talks: Fuckup Nights, TEDx Talks, Creative Mornings
- Startup events: Startup Weekend, Startup Grind
- Events on how to improve coworkers’ businesses: Your value proposition, Cofounders Lab
- Events targeting freelancers and digital nomads: Nomad Talks, Flylancers, Freelance Fair
- Conference side events: Ouishare Fest,
- Cultural events: Acoustic music concerts, art festivals, etc
If you know of any other events that you think should be included in this list, feel free to leave a suggestion!
This was written by HWL agency partner Vanessa Sans and also posted on her Linkedin.